Users and roles in the Amelia Booking plugin give you an option to allow all Ideakit users to use the back-end of this plugin depending on their role. Since different user roles have different capabilities, we will go through each of them.
Ideakit Administrator is the user who has all the plugin’s permissions. An administrator can create services, locations, customers, employees, and appointments, and permanently delete or hide all entries. They can also customize the look of the front-end of the plugin, so it matches to the website of the company. As an admin, one can also make changes in all settings and change the roles for the other users.
The “Amelia Manager” role has almost the same permissions as an “Administrator” role, but with a few important differences. A manager is allowed to hide but not delete anything; a manager cannot customize the front-end look of the plugin and doesn’t have access to the settings.
You can add an “Amelia Manager” user by going to Users » Add New, fill in the necessary data and choose the “Amelia Manager” role under the “Role” option.
“Amelia Employee” is the role you can give to some or all of your employees. Once you create a new Amelia Employee user an automatic email will be sent to your employee with a username and a URL link where they can set their password.
Amelia Employees can use Front-end Panel for Employees, where they can manage their appointments and events.
With this role, your employees can access the list of their appointments on the appointments page or directly on the calendar at the back-end, as well as in the Employee Panel, and they can also export the list for ease in tracking. If you want to give more permissions to your employees you can enable six more options which you can find in the plugin’s Roles Settings on the Settings Page so your employees can:
- Configure their services,
- Configure their schedule,
- Configure their days off,
- Configure their special days and/or
- Manage their appointments
- Manage their events
Once you enable these options your employees will be able to also add or edit their appointments/events (change status, reschedule etc.), choose services that will be assigned to them, edit their personal information, working hours, days off, and special days. They will not, however, be able to see other pages on the back-end side or see the appointments from the other employees.
You have two options to assign this role to your employee:
- Go to the “Employee” modal, click on the “Ideakit User” option, and click on the “Create New” button
- From the Ideakitt Menu, go to Users » Add new and create an Ideakit user with an “Amelia Employee” role. After you create an Ideakit user, go to the “Employee” modal and under the “Ideakit User” option select a user you’ve previously created.
If you want to change an employee’s role to Manager, you can do so on the “Users” page of the Ideakit admin panel. Just find the employee you wish to change, click “Edit”, and under the “Role” option choose the “Amelia Manager” role.
The “Amelia Customer” role enables your customers to see their appointments in the backend calendar, and on the appointments list, and also enables them to cancel their appointments on the appointments list. From version 1.4.4 they can also reschedule their appointments by drag and drop or “Edit” option on their Calendar. Please be aware that this is possible only for single appointments. To give them this permission you need to enable the option “Allow customers to reschedule their own appointments” in the “Roles Settings”.
From version 2.5, you can use the Front-end Panel for Customers, this way your customers can manage their appointments and events for the front-end page of your website.
Once you create a new Amelia Customer an automatic email will be sent to your customer with a username and a URL link where they can set their password.
If you want to add this role to one or more customers you can do it in the same way you would for the employees:
- Go to the “Customer” modal, click on the “Ideakit User” option, and click on the “Create New” button
- From the Ideakit Menu, go to Users » Add new and create an Ideakit user with “Amelia Customer” role. After you create an Ideakit user, go to the “Customer” modal and under the “Ideakit User” option select the Ideakit user you’ve previously created.
- You can also enable the automatic creation of “Amelia Customer” user. To do this, go to the “Roles Settings”, on the Customer tab and you will see an option “Automatically create Amelia Customer user”. Enable this option and from that point each time when a new customer schedules the appointment they will automatically get the customer user role and an email with the username, URL link for setting the password and a link to your booking form.